Sunday, December 7, 2008

10 K

Yesterday I ran a 10K in Seoul with 4 other of my friends. It was so COLD!! It was well below freezing and super windy. I couldn't believe that our race was the day a big cold front came through. I was really nervous it would make it hard to breathe, but I managed and did pretty well for me. My goal was not to walk any and try for under and hour. I achieved both with 4 minutes to spare so I was pretty proud. I wore my metal all last night while I was out with friends. Another cool thing was that not only did we get medals, but they also gave us running suits (the one I'm wearing) and a head band to keep your ears warm. I've run in quite a few different races and usually get just a t-shirt or if I'm lucky a dri-fit running shirt and sometimes a medal. The race was only about $35 and I got all that stuff. We talked about that we might make a little running club and sign up for these runs more often.

3 comments:

rebekah said...

congrats baby! i would consider doing a run for all of those goodies. but maybe just a 5k? hope to see your shining face soon!!

let's make travel accommodations soon. candice has decided not to go to cambodia, so we'll book for two!

Amanda said...

Wish I could run with you-- i love you mucho and i miss you VERY VERY much. Come hang out with me!! I have my last exam in an hour :)

I will give brittany your postcard today. Did you get the letter from kate and i yet?

Love you!!

Cara said...

Hey Emily,
Just finished looking at all the great blogs. I have been sooo busy here at work I don't get much time to read lately. You look great in your new running suit and congrats on the time. I'm proud of you. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and you will have to post some pics of your holidays there and photos of your new journeys during the holidays, Love ya, Cara