A couple of weekends ago, my friends Rebekah and Candice and I decided to go to an island off Incheon called Jawol-do. We didn't have many expectations, but just thought it would be fun to see something different. We got there to find that it seemed more or less deserted. We started walking down the road when an old man in a truck stopped to try to talk to us. He couldn't understand us and we couldn't understand him, but he motioned for us to get into the back of his truck and he would take us to the "town". So we jumped in and went for a fun ride to the other side of the island (it's not a big island!). When we stopped we realized he worked for a motel and he thought we wanted somewhere to stay. We managed to tell him we weren't interested and walked back up a hill to the main part of the island. We wandered about most of the day and really wanted to ride bikes. We found another motel run by some young people and even though we told them we weren't interested in staying the night, they let us use their bikes. We rode around the island until it started raining on us and we got wet and cold. We went back to the motel with a couple of hours to spare before the ferry left to go back to Incheon, and the people let us use one of the rooms. We had a little picnic with all the snacks we had brought and took a little nap on the floor. The people drove us back to the ferry terminal and we headed home. The day was full of randomness, but really fun beacuse we had no plan and just got into a lot of funny situations. I enjoyed the little adventure.





The first picture is me in the back on the truck. Then riding bikes and playing on the exercise machines with Rebekah. One interesting thing about Korea is that in every park or public area they have these exercise machines. I use them as a playground; They're all over the place. Then there's a picture of Candice and I and Rebekah and I while wondering around he island.

This is a picture of me during that English festival I told you about where I was the host of the Quiz Show. This week we have the school English festivals. One for 3rd grade, one for 4th grade, one for 5th grade, and one fro 6th grade. I will be doing this 4 more times this week! Though on a smaller scale since it is just for my school, there will still be a tons of people and I will be doing not on the Quiz show, but also hosting and doing a speech contest for all 4 of them! yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment