Thursday, August 6, 2009

My kids, my house, & Mud Festival!

Here are some videos I've taken lately. In my 3rd grade classes we taught the students "Pat-a-Cake", and a song called, "I can." They are so cute when they sing, so I had to get a video. Also there was another English festival at my school, so I took a video of some little girls singing as well as took a couple of photos of some other performances. The last video is of my house. I am leaving in about a month, meaning I need to start packing soon, but before I do, I wanted to show what it looks like these days. The last video of my house was the first day I got here, so this video is more like what it really looks like. I love my house!!!


In mid-July there is a big festival that brings all the foreigners around Korea to the same place. It's Mud Festival! It's not just for foreigners of course, there are lots of Koreans there too, but for some reason the foreigners come in flocks, me included. I ran into everyone I've ever met since being in Korean at Mud Festival. Basically, Mud festival is just as it sounds, it's a festival in Boryeong, where everything is devoted to Mud... a huge Mud fight! They had mud slides, mud jump houses, different color muds, mud soaps, mud everything. Me and a few of my friends shared a hotel together (the sleep on the floor kind) and enjoyed the mud. The monsoon season weather was in full effect that weekend, but we tried to have fun despite it. As you can see from the photos, we built sand castles, played in the mud, went swimming (or drowning!). It was fun acting like a kid for the weekend (as if i didn't already do that every weekend!!).

No comments: