Sunday, May 24, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

The other weekend I did a scavenger hunt around Seoul. It was tons of fun. I got to see some things I hadn't seen before and met some cool new people. We got into random groups of 5 and set out with a list of things to get or take photos of that were of different values. We had about 5 hours to do as much as we could, with a few bonus point task thrown in the middle. We didn't coe in the top 3, but I didn't mind. Here are some photos from the hunt. The task in the first photo was to get a picture of us all with black rimmed glasses (a huge trend in Korea). The second one we had to take a photo with 3 army men. (and here's a quick fact for you: all Korean men are required to serve at least two years in the military.) The next we had to take a photo with a Ferrari. And the last was to take a photo of us eating Bundigie....umm....which is silkworm larvae. It's sold as street food and you always know when your getting near some because you can smell it from miles away. It's the most disgusting smell ever! If you look closely, I never actually put the thing on my tongue; I just couldn't bear it, but we got the points none the less!


One of the bonus tasks was to meet up at a Norae bong (Karaoke room) and sing a song with our group. We chose "Video Killed the Radio Star". The organizers of the hunt put a vdeo collage together of everyone singing their songs. Ours is right at the beginning, if you want to take a look. I have to say thogh, this is not my best performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8nEHbmyo8o

No comments: