Monday, April 13, 2009

cherry blossoms!!!

This weekend was cherry blossom weekend. Seoul had a few different festivals to celebrate the blooming of the cherry blossoms, the biggest one was in Yeouido, a small island in Seoul. I went twice! Friday night I went with two of my co-teachers. It was great to see the trees at night because they had them all lit up with different colored lights. I don't get to hang out with my co-teachers much outside of school, so it as really nice to spend time with them. We also went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, yummmm. On Saturday I went back to the same area, but this time in the afternoon. Even though I was there just a few hours before, it was still just as fun! It was super sunny, lots of people everywhere, and little performances on every corner. Not to mention, the trees were beautiful! That night some new and old friends got together to have a girls night in honor of the beginning of spring/Easter (hence the bunny ears in the one photo).


I wanted to show you guys that every letter and card you send means something to me. I tape them on my wall to remind myself that I have great family and friends. Plus, it's less blank space on my walls! I have a little collage of photos too, just so I don't forget what everyone looks like ;) I'm still in the process of adding more pictures, those were just some that I happen to have either already printed or were on my USB when I went to the shop. As much as I love all the changes and new experiences the last couple years have brought, it never gets easier being away from home. So, thanks for sending me reminders!!!

3 comments:

Jade said...

Emily! I went to the cherry blossom festival in DC so essentially we were in the same place! I miss you so much. I love your postcards. You need a lunch crew pic for your wall!

EMILY said...

oh good call! I need to find one of us three and get it printed. pretty sure i have on my computer. gonna find one. miss you!

Cara said...

Emily,
What beautiful pics. Love the Cherry Blossoms I wish we had those here in Tallahassee. And the tulips look so gorgeous. What fun you look like you and your friends are having. I just love flowers I can never get enough of them. I am glad you are finally getting some Spring weather and flowers. Have a happy spring. Love ya, Cara