Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goodbye Korea

After Tokyo, I flew back to spend my last 4 days in Korea. Many of my friends that did not renew their contract had already left. However, many of my friends renewed to stay another year and so were still around. I had a small goodbye party where we went out for dinner, to one of our usual bars, and then a final round of Nora Bong (Karaoke). It was a great way to say goodbye to all my friends and to Korea.




I had to be out of my apartment before I left for Japan. So, I stayed the night at Rebekah Gordon's house a few nights before making the long flight home. She got me a delicious ice cream cake that me and her and her cat shared. The last night I stayed at Mallory's house because she lives really near to the airport. I took a taxi to the airport, waited a few hours, and then was on my way to Tallahassee to pull off the best surprise I have ever done in my whole life.


Korea...Just saying the word "Korea" makes me think of so many things. Like how scared I was to walk off the plane, how weird it feels to be stared at because I stand out like a sore thumb, how many great friends and people I met, all the different trips and adventures I took in one short year, how many times I heard "hi teacher!!" in one day. I've been gone for a little while now, and I can't believe it's over, that I'm not going back. As different as it is, it became normal to me and I was comfortable. The job was trying sometimes and I'll admit that I was lonely at points, but in all it was such an amazing experience and I know that I'll forever have those times where I chuckle randomly and someone will ask me why I'm laughing. I'll say, "Oh nothing, I was just reminded about one time in Korea."

No comments: