March hasn't panned out to be the best month. After my birthday trip things went downhill, but not to worry because things are looking up. Anyways, I got pretty sick for a while, with what I'm assuming is the flu. I spent 2.5 days in my bed literally not leaving my house and sleeping more than any normal person could force themselves to. The "sick" part faded after a few days but I have had a cough that refuses to go away. It has driven me crazy for about 2 weeks now. Just after getting over being sick I went to play soccer with some friends on a Sunday afternoon and sprained my knee. My teacher took me to the doctor and through some translating basically told me to just stay off it for a few weeks, do some physical therapy, and take some mystery pills. Unfortunately, I signed up to run in a half marathon this coming Sunday the 5th, and between being down sick and then my knee, my training has gone to hell. The thing that really made me angry is that before I got sick I was doing really well with my training and getting into some really long runs; I was hoping I could make a good time (for me anyways!) I think I'm going to attempt the run nonetheless with a brace and a few extra drinks of water. I think I can will my way across the finish line, though I know I won't be setting any records, I still really want to do it. I'll do another one someday to redeem what I'm already predicting to be a poor finish. I will say though, that my knee is feeling much better and my cough is fading ever so slowly, so I am feeling better. Though too little too late for the race I'm afraid, I am glad that I'm getting my health back.
Here are some random pictures of some going-ons. The first few are from a night out in Seoul (though these might actually be from Feb. I can't remeber): dinner, a cool cafe with coloring and tons of pop-up books, and ending in a lounge with a crazy decor.

These next few photos are from a Saturday afternoon in Seoul doing some touristy things. We went to the Deoksugung, a palace. The weather was amazing that weekend showing the first signs of spring. It has gotten a bit colder these last few days, but I have hope that my jacket will go back into my suitcase soon.


2 comments:
i'm so sorry you hurt your knee! how frustrating! i hope your 1/2 goes well though. you do have enough will power to will your way through! you're the little enginge that could! haha. who are the little kids in the last set of pictures?
thanks dez! i made it!
those kids were just running around in front of us so we waved them over. Their dad took a photo of us with our camera and then he took one with his.
Post a Comment