Friday, February 6, 2009

And some times I work too!

I thought I might share some photos of my cute little students. These first 3 photos are my English Camp classes. School has been out for like 4.5 weeks for winter break, so for 3 of those weeks I taught English Camp. For 2 weeks I was at a different elementary school working with 3 other teachers with students from the whole district. It was actually super fun. Then for one week I had a camp at my school. I had 3 classes of about 20/25 students and I taught by myself (meaning no translator!). The first picture is my grade 3/4 class; then grades 5/6 class; and lastly my favorite class the school volleyball team. I know it's weird that an elementary school has a team, at least I thought it was strange, but apparently our school volleyball team is really good. They got to go play in Japan a couple weeks ago. The volleyball team is grades 3-6, so it makes it a little difficult since there is such a huge difference in ability, but they are so close and were so excited to come to class everyday. I actually really loved my 3 weeks of camp. The students, for the most part, wanted to be there, there were less of them so I could talk to them more and we could do more fun activities. I wish I taught camp all the time!


In addition to teaching normal classes, I also teach afterschool classes. I teach a grade 1/2 class and a grade 3/4 class, each twice a week. This week is the last week, so maybe I'll get a bit more free time soon, but probably not! Anyways, as you can imagine teaching 1st and 2nd graders is difficult when you speak the same language, but when you speak different languages, it's just chaos! I love them so much because they are so cute and they adore me. (I don't teach grade 1 or 2 in school, so they still think it is special to see me!) But it is SOO hard. I teach these classes alone and this class is, for most of them, their first Englih class ever. I wish I could video a class for you to see because I have no doubt you'd being in tears laughing by the end. They kill me. (I don't have any pictures of my grade 3/4 class yet, but if I can remeber to take some this week, I will pst them. I love them too, but grade 1/2 is just out of control.)

No comments: