
My first week of school was mostly just observing. I met a lot of the teachers and walked around smiling while everyone pointed at me and said, "Hi teacher." The kids are so so cute. I also did a powerpoint in each of the classes about myself with some pictures and stuff. I talked to some of the teachers that knew English, but even the ones that don't they always smile and say hello to me in Korean. The first photo is the outside of my school from my bus stop. The second is one of the 2 classrooms I work in and the third is the office Se-Jeong and I share.

This past week was the first week I actually made the lesson plans and really taught. I teach 3rd-6th grade. One week I teach 3rd and 5th grade and then the next week I teach 4th and 6th grade. There are so many students and so many classes, I can only see each class every other week. I have two co-teachers that always are in the room with me and helping me. I have a main co-teacher that I mentioned before named Park, Se-Jeong and then my other teacher is Oh, Min-Sook. Both of whom are really nice and help me out a lot. So, this past week I had to make lessons for

grade 3 and 5. On Monday during my first class with the 3rd graders I totally froze. The kids just stared at me with confused looks and didn't understand me at all. I was trying to teach them "I like..." phrases but, thank goodness Se-Jeong took over for me as I panicked a bit. After that first lesson, things went much smoother though and the rest of the week went well. I still have to practice on speaking slowly, clear, and as loud as possible.
Anyways, on Wednesday of this past week the school (Young Sun) had their sports day. It was much

different then the sports days that I had as a kid. All the grandparents and moms and dads came with their blankets spread out in the halls of the school and ate the lunches they packed. It was an all day event and the entire community came to watch. Each grade had a special performance and then there was also races, tug-o-war, sack race, and relays. I added a few videos from some of the performances because I thought it was really cool. The first picture is me at sports day with my blue shirt they made all the teachers wear. The

second is of my co-teacher Se-Jeong (glasses) and the school nurse. I can't remember her name but she is really nice and speaks English really well. The rest are pictures from the sports day.




1 comment:
ENJOYED YOUR BLOG VERY MUCH.I LINKED TO IT TO READ IT REGULARLY..
Post a Comment