Tuesday, September 2, 2008
My Apartment!
So, yesterday was not only my first day of "work" technically, but I also moved into my apartment. I stayed with the family for the one night and then Rebekah was able to move into her apartment on Saturday. So, I stayed at her apartment Saturday and Sunday
night. Those are the pictures on the right. On Sunday Rebekah and I went into Seoul and played Ultimate Frisbee for like 6 hours and then went out to a traditional Korean restaurant with the people we met. Most of the people were foreigners, but there was quite a few Korean there as well which was cool. The weather was really nice too and I even got a little bit of a sunburn on my face. So, Monday I went into my first real day of work. I had gone in Saturday to watch my co-teacher Se-Jeoung teach (they have school every other
Saturday) but I didn't really do much. I met lots of the teachers and had as much conversation as I could with them. This week I am doing a powerpoint about me for each of the classes. 3rd and 4th graders have English once a week and 5th and 6th graders have English twice a week. There are 5-7 classes per grade with about 35 students in each class. That means there are like 850 kids or so that I see. The school also has Kindergarten- 2nd grade. The school is HUGE! Anyways, Below I attached a little tour of my apartment! I have a before-tour and an after-I-unpacked-tour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i love it :D I'm glad you're settling in. Good luck teach! -Kristina
Post a Comment